Company: Lasko Products
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Lasko Products, an industry leader in providing and
manufacturing home environment products for over 100 years, is
looking to add a Quality Engineer to the team. This role will by
hybrid based out of our Ft. Worth, TX location. The Lasko Quality
Engineer's responsibilities include developing and documenting
quality standards, inspecting incoming materials, auditing and
inspecting processes and products, developing quality control
systems, and determining corrective actions. Job
- Duties will include management of change control, data
collection schemes, developing testing metrologies, overseeing test
methods & equipment, creating standard work and job instructions,
audits and other routine quality systems areas.
- Direct the activities of quality staff and audit team members
in the Quality Manager's absence. Other duties include training
plant personnel in quality processes; facilitating improvement
teams and managing compliance to specifications.
- Work directly with the local Quality Manager, the Corporate
Quality Director, and plant management to define and implement
quality objectives including KPI's that align with corporate and
- Directly manage the daily activities of several Quality
- Interpret Engineering specifications into Quality requirements
on the plant floor.
- Manage supplier quality through incoming inspection and
interaction with suppliers on quality issues, occasionally may
require visits to suppliers.
- Lead and organize formal/informal problem solving in areas of
scrap, process capability, warranty, etc. Provide training in
quality systems and related areas such as APQP, BOS, Problem
Solving, Statistical Process Control, Gage R&R, Process
Capability, and DOE.
- Work with the manufacturing department to implement quality
requirements in assembly and component manufacturing.
- Drive projects to reduce COPQ per company's goals.
- Manage the testing and auditing of components and finished
- Implement nonconforming material processes and lead Material
Review Board (MRB) meetings.
- Partner with Engineering and Manufacturing early in the design
stage in order to build quality into the product design and
manufacturing process. Participate in failure mode effects analysis
(FMEA) as required.
- Track quality issues and trends, report information to plant
management and Corporate Quality.
- Coordinate daily inspection and testing of components and
- Implement customer specific quality requirements in the
manufacturing of components and products.
- Assist Lasko customer service to investigate customer quality
issues and drive corrective actions.
- Interact with customers to solve field Quality issues.
-Competencies and Abilities
- Experience, expertise, and implementation of Quality Management
Systems, specifically ISO 9001 2015.
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, FMEA, and structured problems
solving tools such as 8D, PDCA, or DMAIC.
- Practical knowledge of statistical tools and variance
- Experience with COPQ reduction
- Project Management skills
- Strong ability to develop talent -Certifications and Special
- Six Sigma Green Belt required. Blackbelt is a plus.
- Lean Systems training desired.
- Proficiency is using Minitab and Visio.
- Spanish is a plus. -Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Statistics, Engineering
(Industrial or Mechanical), or Engineering Technology
- 3-5 Years of experience in quality engineering area of a
- Plastic Injection molding experience desired
- Assembly line experience desired About the Company Lasko Metal
Products was founded in 1906 by Henry Lasko in Philadelphia. Lasko
designs, manufactures, assembles, and distributes portable fans,
heaters, and humidifiers for the consumer market (Lasko brand), air
purifiers (Germ Guardian brand), ventilation products such as range
hoods and bathroom exhaust fans to the construction industry (Air
King brand) and water damage restoration products such as air
scrubbers and dehumidifiers (B-Air brand). - -Lasko's products are
sold in North America, South America, the Caribbean, and Asia. The
company is recognized as the leader in the portable fan and
portable heating categories and proudly operates American
manufacturing, assembly, and distribution facilities across the US.
-Lasko's leading market share in fans and heaters is 2X - 4X larger
than the #2 brand. - -Lasko's domestic production capabilities
uniquely position Lasko to serve its customers. Lasko's Mission is
to improve everyday life with trusted products which create a
healthier and more comfortable environment. - The company's success
is based on 5 Core Values:
- Be Bold:
- Challenge the status quo
- Courageously pursue the impossible -
- Reject mediocrity
- Be Together -
- Work together for success -
- Drive trust and candor with each other -
- Prioritize "We" before "I"
- -Be A Leader
- Lead with personal conviction -
- Inspire each other to deliver high- quality results
- Leverage resilience and agility to drive excellence
- Be Accountable -
- Consistently deliver to our customers -
- Embrace commitments as a contract -
- Take pride in our actions
- Be The Change -
- Demonstrate a passion to win -
- Make a difference at work in our communities -
- Step forward and take initiative The Lasko family owned and
operated Lasko Products until November 2016, when private
investment firms Comvest Partners and JW Levin Management Partners
("JWLMP") acquired the business. Comvest Partners and JWLMP are
committed to growing the business with investments in growth and
productivity. Geographic Reach Based in the greater Philadelphia,
PA area, Lasko Products operates in locations throughout the US and
Canada. The company's Tennessee, Texas, and Pennsylvania
manufacturing facilities produce both indoor and outdoor fans and
heaters. The company also sources select products internationally
from China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, and India. -Lasko operates
distribution centers in all manufacturing locations plus Nevada and
Ohio. -Diversity & Inclusion Comvest and its portfolio companies
recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of
race/national origin, gender/gender identification, sexual
orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, religious
affiliation, and other protected status. - We have a clear vision
to be the place where . - We know our companies run on the hard
work and dedication of our passionate and smart employees. - We
believe that diversity within an organization creates long-term
value for the organization itself and its constituents. - Comvest
and its portfolio companies are high performing organizations that
seeks to hire hard-working and dedicated high performers. - While
Comvest and its portfolio companies always strive to look at a
diverse pool of candidates, we will always choose the most
qualified candidate for the job being recruited for, in order to
strive for success for both the employee and the firm. #CB
Keywords: Lasko Products, Fort Worth , Quality Engineer, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...