Customer Services Consultant II-Information Technology
Company: Texas Christian University
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Customer Services Consultant II is responsible for applying knowledge and understanding of information systems by assisting users with technical problems.
Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Supports TCU Community including Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Parents, Retirees, Applicants and Guests by recording, prioritizing, and assigning issues from the open log; staffing the phone center; supporting the ResNet Tech students at the Computer Help Desk located at the Information Commons; facilitating requests for assistance.
2. Diagnoses and resolves tier 2 Macintosh and Windows computer user concerns by consulting with users; researching and evaluating issues; making recommendations from multiple options.
3. Identifies issues that impact TCU computing efforts by participating in special projects, researching and analyzing and summarizing information for management review.
4. Prepares user to operate equipment by providing instruction; contributing technical articles for the departmental website and knowledgebase.
5. Supports university-wide computer operations by presenting information and responding to questions in new students' and parents' orientation; discussing accounts and email; connecting student computers to the TCU network; explaining computing capabilities.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
2 years of college or equivalent experience.
4 years of experience including problem resolution on Macintosh and/or Window systems.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
Minimum of two of the following courses or certifications: Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) Certification, Comp TIA A+, Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP), Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC), Apple Certified Desktop Technician (ACDT), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Comp TIA Network+, HDI Support Center Analyst, Knowledge Management Foundation, KCS Principles, other technology related courses.
Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Knowledge of hardware and software applications.
Knowledge of customer service techniques.
Knowledge of telephone etiquette.
Skill in Microsoft Windows navigation.
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to meet identified deadlines.
Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to troubleshoot issues and formulate and implement changes.
Ability to work successfully as a member of a team serving a common goal.
Ability to troubleshoot problems with personal computers.
Ability to instruct end-users on system capabilities.
Ability to communicate technical instructions to end-users.
Ability to resolve complex issues.
TCU Core Competencies:
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Keywords: Texas Christian University, Fort Worth , Customer Services Consultant II-Information Technology, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
here to apply!