Counselor Pool - High School 2022-2023
Company: Fort Worth Independent School District
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Leading - Campus Professional/Counselor_HS
To Be Determined
Open until filled
High School Counselor Pool 2022-2023
Location: To be determined
Salary: Appropriate Level of Counselor Salary Schedule
Duty Days: 210
If you have any questions about a counseling position for 2022-23
and your last name begins with A-M, please email
email@example.com; if your last name begins with N-Z, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org. All school counseling applicants must
be screened through the Counseling Services office before they can
be hired for a school counseling position
Your application cannot be screened until all of the listed
documents are attached to your application:
- Cover letter stating your interest in school counseling and the
level of employment you seek
- Graduate Transcripts (showing 24 graduate hours completed, 12
hours must be in counseling and those classes must include the
school counseling courses offered).
- Copies of credentials (Teaching Certificate, Counseling
Certificate, State Certifications, and/or Licenses).
- Two Letters of Reference (one must be from your immediate
supervisor and must be signed and dated within the current
Develops and implements a comprehensive developmental guidance
program for all students to promote student success and school
completion as specified by law in the Texas Education Code Section
- Creates a respectful atmosphere focused on customer
- Respects student confidentiality and the integrity of the
educational process as evidence by accurate student schedules.
- Provides (2) individual student advisory sessions as outline in
the GC Framework.
- Engages students in developing, implementing, updating, and
completing their Academic Learning Plans, Six-year plans, Personal
Graduation Plans (for identified students), and student interest
- Schedules students in coherent sequence of courses aligned to
the students' chosen career pathway; consults with POC coordinator
and CTE coordinator.
- Advocates for students, mediates and facilitates on behalf of
student interests and needs.
- Engages students in the personalized education, career
awareness, and college readiness activities (career day, guidance
lessons, Education Go Get It Week, etc.).
- Communicates effectively to disseminate information about
students to other professionals as appropriate for follow up and
- Assists students with the completion scholarship applications,
and provides financial aid information to students and
- Provides engaging student guidance lessons systematically in
the 8 strands as identified in the GC Framework (topics and
schedule for all students according to TEC and District
- Provides responsive, intentional counseling to students
identified as needing additional support to address specific
student outcomes and identified goals.
- Teaches guidance units effectively as indicated from student
and teacher feedback.
- Maintains accurate professional records of counseling and
Student Support Services related activities on a daily basis.
- Serves on the Trauma Response Team - Completes Suicide and
Violence Risk Assessments of students in crisis.
- Responds to students individually and serves as an active
participant in the RtI process. Selects and uses counselor
interventions appropriate to student needs and circumstances.
- Provides group counseling with specific student outcomes and
goals identified; provides referral when appropriate.
- Facilitates student referrals to school/district special
programs and/or services.
- Engages parents and provides targeted parent education
opportunities related to personalized education, career awareness
and college readiness
- Educates faculty, parents, community, and students about the
guidance program and services through public information programs
(Open House, PTO meetings, campus website, newsletters etc.).
- Interprets assessment data to students and parents as a student
advocate to promote understanding of educational planning
- Interprets information and ideas effectively and participates
in campus wide staff development as outline in the GC
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with
representatives from community agencies, mentors and others
supporting the counseling program.
- Demonstrates an understanding of data driven decision making as
it relates to student development and placement.
- Collaborates and develops data driven program objectives
(CEIP/MEASURE) and monitors progress each 6 weeks throughout the
- Evaluates the effectiveness of individual activities and the
overall program success in meeting desired student outcomes
identified in the counseling CEIP/MEASURE to submit yearend report
to all stakeholders (SPARC) (Quality Program Indicators).
- Collaborates in the planning and evaluation of student
- Interprets assessment data to school personnel as a student
advocate to promote understanding of educational planning processes
for individual students.
- Observes ethical standards of the Texas and the American School
- Pursues continuous professional growth and development to
maintain current understanding of procedures and best practices in
the field of professional school counseling.
- Performs counseling related responsibility aligned with the
Texas Education Code and the FWISD Guidance and Counseling
- Assigned students seek you out and find you readily available
for counseling and consultation
- Assigned student schedules, academic plans, and transcripts are
current and accurate
- Daily records of student contact are maintained and
- Campus administrative team identifies you as an integral
contributor to student success
- Teachers and students depend on you for state mandated guidance
- Other duties as assigned" may include working in supplemental
assignments under special revenue funds or state compensatory
- Master's degree.
- Valid Texas Counselor certification.
- Valid Texas Teacher certification.
- Two years of teaching experience.
- Ability to maintain confidential student records.
- Knowledge of comprehensive guidance programs, counseling
procedures, intervention skills, student appraisal, career
development and post-secondary opportunities.
- Skill in analyzing complex information
- Skill in conducting team efforts to design, implement, measure
and refine programs and services.
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours
- Excellent organizational, communication (oral and written), and
- Work hours = 40 hour week (minimum); will include additional
after hours and weekends, as needed.
- Required to attend school meetings, programs and activities
outside the instructional day as mandated by the Guidance &
Counseling Framework.Physical Job Requirements
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REFERENCEOccasionally (0-33% of day, 0-32
Frequently (34-66% of day, 33-200 repetitions)
Constantly (67-100% of day, > 200+ repetitions)
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and
reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display
terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl and climb stairs. The employee must maintain
emotional control under stress, and occasionally work prolonged
and/or irregular hours. The employee must exert up to 50 pounds of
force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision. The work environment is a standard office setting including
standard office equipment (fax, copier, phone, computer, 10-key,
etc.). Ninety percent indoors, ten percent outdoors; controlled
environment; exposed to weather elements, extreme heat/cold, noise
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They
are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job
Keywords: Fort Worth Independent School District, Fort Worth , Counselor Pool - High School 2022-2023, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...