Liaison Engineer II
Company: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Description:Position Summary: Coordinates activities to evaluate
and resolve engineering-related production problems encountered in
the manufacturing facility: Reviews production schedules,
engineering specifications, orders, and related information to
maintain current knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures,
and activities in assigned area.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be
- Confers with quality control, material, manufacturing, supply
chain and other department personnel to provide technical support
- Interprets engineering drawings and facilitates correction of
errors on drawings and documents identified during manufacturing
and assembly operations.
- Investigates reports of defective, damaged, or malfunctioning
parts, assemblies, equipment, or systems to determine nature and
scope of problem.
- Responds to concerns of customers by making design changes in
seat design and components in a manner that meets customer
expectations and are in conformance with applicable
- Participates regularly in meetings with engineers from other
RECARO facilities to discuss engineering issues, including design
changes and requests from customers.
- Facilitates examination, measuring, inspection, or testing
defective parts for conformance to engineering design or drawing
- Consults with project and certification engineers to obtain
- Evaluates findings to formulate corrective action plan and
coordinates implementation of plan.
- Maintains records or oversees recording of information by
others to ensure engineering drawings and documents are current and
that engineering-related production problems and resolutions are
- Serves as a member of material review board to determine
disposition of defective or damaged parts. Requires MRB signature
- May specialize in investigating and resolving problems related
to certain commodities or processes.
- Periodically writes Service Bulletins pertaining to
modification of fielded seats; coordinates service bulletins
approval with airworthiness authorities.
- Create ECN's (Engineering Changes), DIL's (Design Information
Letters), and EPM's (Engineering Process
Memos).Requirements:Education/Experience:Bachelor's in Aeronautical
Engineering or Mechanical Engineering plus a minimum of 2-5 years
of Aircraft work related experience or a combination of education
and experience.Technical & Personal Skills
- Experience in aircraft interior (particularly seats) design is
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required due to
the interface with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to perform as a member of the engineering team, in
a fast-paced environment, with minimal direct supervision.
- Knowledge of commercial aerospace documentation systems (CMM,
SB) and the corresponding guides/standards ATA 100/200, as well as
aerospace configuration control systems is desired.
- Experience in the use of CFR, EASA CS, (E)TSO regulations, as
well as the use of parts lists with high variant diversity in SAP
is desired.Computer Skills:
- Experience in CATIA v5 or similar programs is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, etc.) is required.PI217493244
Keywords: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc., Fort Worth , Liaison Engineer II, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...