Company: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Status: Full Time Special Compensation: TDA Differential -
$9/hourShift: Friday - Sunday 7:00pm -7:30am Sign-On Bonus: $5,000
(external candidates only)Location: Baylor All Saints Medical
Center - Ft. Worth, TXSetting: HospitalBaylor Scott & White has
been certified as a "Great Place to Work".There are many reasons to
join our team of Imaging professionals.Our magnet awarded
facilities include teaching hospitals and offer career growth.At
Baylor Scott & White we value our team members. Our thriving
diverse culture promotes self-care and work life balance. Reasons
to join the most rewarded healthcare system in Texas include:
Flexible work schedulingCareer
advancement/ Leadership opportunitiesRelocation
assistanceIntraoperative- dedicated OR technologists.Various shifts
available for 8, 10 or 12 hoursEnhanced shift differential
pay.Tuition: Fully funded bachelor's and master's
degreesCompetitive Wages and IncentivesCross training across
modalitiesWork in your preferred setting: Academic Level 1 trauma
center/ Community Hospital/ Pediatric Hospital/ Ambulatory and
Specialty ClinicsOur competitive benefits package includes the
Immediate eligibility for health and
welfare benefits.401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match
up to 5%Tuition ReimbursementPTO accrual beginning Day 1Note:
Benefits may vary based upon position type and/ or level.JOB
SUMMARYThe Radiologic Technologist, under general supervision of a
Radiologist, performs radiology procedures on ambulatory and
hospital patients as requested by a physician or other licensed
provider for the diagnosis of disease and injury in accordance with
established protocols.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high quality radiology procedures, according to exam
protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of
imaging procedures by following established standards and
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
others. Instructs and communicates with patients and their family
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient,
adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified
position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when
setting up and performing invasive multimodality procedures and
maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to
ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment.
- Reports issues to management or appropriate department. Assists
in maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures people are safe to enter the department by screening
them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality radiology procedures according to
exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at ease.
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks exclusively without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young.
- adult, adult and geriatric.
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of
- ARRT-R Radiography (ARRT-R)
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
- Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Texas
Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT).
Associated topics: cardiac, cath, cath lab, cath laboratory,
catheterization, ct technologist, diagnostic, ndt, radiographer,
Keywords: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE, Fort Worth , Radiologic Technologist, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!