Design Drafting Supervisor
Company: TechnipFMC plc
Posted on: November 19, 2023
This position provides technical and managerial leadership to the
design drafting team. This position requires leadership and
interpersonal skills in addition to strong understanding of design
drafting knowledge, application, and industry standards. This role
will manage and improve upon department processes. This position
will manage departmental expenses, provide training, employee
evaluations, recruiting, and managing talent. Focus on talent
management is critical.
- Solutions are derived from experience, as well as from policies
and procedures and consultation with other individuals.
- Implement changes to functional and/or departmental processes
to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Supervises exempt or non-exempt personnel in single function
roles and give performance reviews.
- Assists in training highly successful individual contributors
to become "Work Leaders". Initiates personnel decisions such as
hiring, firing, transfers, and disciplinary actions, within
appropriate level of authority.
- Full supervisory role focusing on the effectiveness of the
department, rather than the individual tasks.
- Evaluates the department to determine performance and
competency gaps and encourages appropriate paths for growth and
development. Works with the Products Engineering Manager to develop
performance objectives, complete performance reviews, departmental
budget and salary planning.
- Makes decisions such as recruiting, interviewing and hiring new
associates for the Design Drafting Department.
- SME on Teamcenter, NX CAD, and other design drafting software
and best practices.
- Aids local and global employees in design drafting standards
- Supports the global CAD network focused on alignment with
corporate standards and best practices. You are meant for this job
- AA/BA/BS degree in related field preferred, or equivalent years
- 7 plus years related experience.
- Industry Knowledge is required.
- Expert knowledge of functional area and understanding of how
the function interacts and impacts other departments.
- Strong computer proficiency with applicable software
applications in related field.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving. Beginning to utilize
- Ability to supervisor more diverse or complex functions.
- This role requires a strategic thinker with excellent
leadership skills Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are
essential to effectively teach what they know and influence direct
reports and upper management.
- Ability to complete performance reviews. Ability to coach and
mentor others is important.
- Ability to transfer subject matter expertise. Strong ability to
lead and persuade is important.
- Is required to be aggressive, flexible, supportive and a
superior problem solver.
- Must have demonstrated adaptability to unplanned events and
Being a global leader in the energy industry requires an inclusive
and diverse environment. TechnipFMC promotes diversity, equity, and
inclusion by ensuring equal opportunities to all ages, races,
ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender expressions,
disabilities, or all other pluralities. We celebrate who you are
and what you bring. Every voice matters and we encourage you to add
to our culture.
TechnipFMC respects the rights and dignity of those it works with
and promotes adherence to internationally recognized human rights
principles for those in its value chain.
Learn more about TechnipFMC and find other open positions by
visiting our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
Date posted: Oct 27, 2023
Requisition number: 2754
Keywords: TechnipFMC plc, Fort Worth , Design Drafting Supervisor, Other , Stephenville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!