Supplemental Instruction Leader
Company: Texas Wesleyan University
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Supplemental Instruction Leader
Under the direction of the campus-based Supplemental Instruction
Supervisor, this position facilitates student learning and helps
students better understand concepts or applications of course
content for a variety of courses.
8 hours a week maximum for 16 weeks only.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with Supervisor as needed to plan, implement, and assess
assigned plan of work.
- Completes and submits supplemental instruction study session
plans to Supervisor.
- Attends and/or watches all class meetings of target
- Takes accurate notes, and understands all homework/reading
assignments and projects.
- Facilitates weekly one-hour supplemental instruction
- Maintains one office hour per week.
- Confers with Supervisor two to four times per month.
- Attends and participates in all supplemental leader training
and group meetings as required.
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and
follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the
- Attend SI Leader training workshop prior to the beginning of
- Make periodic announcements about the availability of the SI
sessions to the students.
- Collect attendance data for every SI session, including student
names, course title, date, and time of session.
Education, Certifications and/or Licenses
- Have a class schedule that permits them to attend (or review
material from) the class for which they are SI Leader, as well as
hold at least one Supplemental Instruction session per week.
- Faculty recommendation for content competency.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above in their major.
- Have completed the course for which they will be Supplemental
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The content area for which they will be Supplementary
Skills and abilities
- Accessing classroom information through the Blackboard Learning
- Ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to work productively.
- Ability to adhere to University and departmental policies and
- Ability to be discrete in handling confidential matters, while
complying with privacy (FERPA) regulations.
- Ability to maintain a working schedule for instruction and
meetings with supervisor.
- Ability to be punctual to trainings and meetings.
- Ability and knowledge to lead instructional sessions.
- Ability and working knowledge to take questions from students
and answer in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in the subject
- Enjoy tutoring the subject for which services are being
- Effectively communicate study strategies to ensure academic
- Ability to instruct others.
- Ability to maintain a neat & professional appearance and office
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, standard
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to complete job tasks and assignments thoroughly,
appropriately, and in a timely manner.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Ability to complete all physical tasks as needed.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Open Until Filled
Posting Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Keywords: Texas Wesleyan University, Fort Worth , Supplemental Instruction Leader, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!