College Graduates - Research Scientist Associate
Company: Lockheed Martin
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 11, 2018
DESCRIPTION:--Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company and its research and development line-of-business, The Skunk Works, seeks a motivated and enthusiastic entry-level candidate to join the Advanced Aircraft Infrared Low Observables Team (Signature Management & Survivability). Specifically, we seek to identify a candidate with expertise or willingness to learn one of the following disciplines:
- Infrared (IR), Visual, Acoustic, and/or radar cross section (RCS) susceptibility
- Electromagnetics (EM), computational electromagnetics (CEM), IR metamaterial design, solid-state physics, photonics, and/or optics
- LO project/program management
The candidate will be working in a high-paced environment responsible for infrared susceptibility and low observable technology maturation lifecycle from initial concept, internal research and development (IRAD) project execution, modeling and simulation, prototype build and test, external customer communication and marketing, proposal and contract capture, contract research and development (CRAD) leadership, and transition to production fleet. The candidate will work independently and in small teams and participate in Government forums and internal Skunk Works program reviews as an emerging LO signature advisor.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Responsible for performing, analyzing, and communicating vehicle signature predictions using Unix-based codes and tools. Excels in the field of EO/IR raytrace, Monte Carlo, CEM, RCS, method of moments (MoM), and geometric/physical optics.
- Responsible for laboratory measurements of material coupons to determine physical, optical, electrical, and/or environmental properties.
- Responsible for the design, prototyping, and test of advanced infrared LO materials, coatings, treatments, and hardware components.
- Engagement in the research, design, computational electromagnetic modeling, fabricating, and testing of advanced infrared or visual metamaterials.
- Responsible for planning, performing, post-processing, and communicating the results of laboratory, field, flight, and vehicle signature measurements.
- Engagement in the algorithm development, test, and maintenance of signature prediction tools using C++, Java, and Fortran.
- Responsible for dreaming and developing new novel approaches to solve difficult problems
The position requires strong communication skills. A demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing is required as evidenced by prior final reports and technical briefings to large (possibly adversarial) groups. An ability to explain complex technical concepts in a readily comprehensible manner is an advantage.
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Fort Worth , College Graduates - Research Scientist Associate, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!