IT Infrastructure Administrator II
Company: Weaver and Tidwell, LLP
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Weaver has built a nationwide presence on an unwavering commitment to its clients' success, acting with integrity and always striving to transcend expectations. The firm has grown to be the 37th largest firm in the United States, according to INSIDE Public Accounting; it is also ranked the largest independent accounting firm based in the Southwest by Accounting Today magazine. Weaver employs more than 700 people in nine offices from coast to coast. The firm has Texas offices in Austin, Conroe, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Midland and San Antonio, as well as offices in Los Angeles and New York City. From Fortune 500 multinational companies to start-ups, Weaver is a national firm serving commercial, financial services and government clients. The firm is particularly well known in the financial services, energy, manufacturing and distribution, construction, technology, real estate and health care industries, as well as the public sector. Weaver services go beyond traditional assurance and tax services to include risk advisory, transaction advisory, IT advisory, energy compliance and consulting, forensics and litigation services, and specialty tax services such as international tax, state and local tax and private client services. Learn more at . IT Infrastructure Administrator II This person will primarily engage in designing, implementing, troubleshooting, and analyzing the IT infrastructure, located in the Fort Worth and San Antonio data centers, but also other locations. The responsibilities of this position include monitoring and analyzing network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, storage administration, performance tuning, backup and restore. Support may be required outside business hours, as dictated by projects and incidents. Principal Accountabilities:
- Perform standard network administration duties including but not limited to the design, deployment, monitoring, and independent diagnostics of the data network and related network equipment.
- Perform standard system administration duties including but not limited to the design, deployment, monitoring, and independent diagnostics of internal systems such as Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, virtual environments, storage, Unified Communications/VoIP, etc.
- Perform planning, analysis for capacity and future product releases.
- Research new technologies and solutions, provide recommendations.
- Implement policies and procedures surrounding Information Technology.
- Engage in maintaining, testing, and the execution of the Disaster Recovery plan.
- Provide technical guidance to clients on a variety of issues via telephone calls, emails, and client requests.
- Maintain a positive attitude while working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Actively on-call 24x7. Travel required. Education
- Associates Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience. Skills/Requirements
- At least 4-5 years' experience working as a Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, or equivalent role.
- Expert knowledge of VMWare vSphere 6. VCP certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the current release versions of Windows Server, Exchange, SQL Server and System Center suite.
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 and the Microsoft Cloud.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and network equipment, including switches, routers and firewalls.
- Complete understanding of IP network standards and protocols, design and troubleshooting.
- Experience with SAN and NAS technologies and protocols.
- Experience with VoIP/Unified Communications protocols.
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting tools, such as PowerShell.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good project management and communications skills, ability to support multiple concurrent projects, present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in an agile, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to create and maintain technical documentation.
- Maintaining up to date technical expertise in the areas of network and computer hardware, and software, related to this field.
- May be required to move computer system and network related equipment weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Travel to various locations on and off site to conduct assessments, troubleshoot, install, and deliver materials related to computer systems/networking equipment.
- Able to occasionally ascend/descend ladders to service above ceiling wiring and network systems. Employee Referral Program Eligible.
Keywords: Weaver and Tidwell, LLP, Fort Worth , IT Infrastructure Administrator II, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!