Head Start Coach
Company: Child Care Associates
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Job Summary:The Pre-K Coach is responsible for implementing a
high-quality research-based, coordinated coaching strategy for all
education staff. The primary role is to strategically visit
classrooms on a regular basis coaching and providing feedback to
education staff that improves effective teaching practices through
a reflective cycle increasing student outcomes. Minimum
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- A minimum of 3 years classroom experience teaching preschool
children or Early Childhood in an ISD or Head Start setting.
- Previous experience and proven ability to facilitate effective
training and technical assistance to staff.
- Culturally competent and experience in adult learning
- Possess excellent problem solving, planning, and organizational
- Able to resolve conflicts, awareness of temperaments, be
resourceful, and detail oriented with a strong desire to increase
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to convey thoughts, ideas and concepts to others effectively.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment and/or periodic physical
examination, annual TB skin test, and complete background check
every 24 months.
- Must have access to insured and reliable transportation for
- Computer proficient and knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel
and PowerPoint are required. Physical RequirementsThe physical
requirements for this position are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be able to frequently walk, stand and sit for extended
- Repetitive use of hands; reaching and turning;
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds; light lifting of supplies and
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to twist, turn, kneel, bend and stoop.
- Must be able to monitor children's safety in activities when
- Work cooperatively with HS/EHS/HB and other agency staff and
community partners and maintain positive communication while
promoting a consistent exchange of information.
- Provide positive support and guidance with all staff regarding
- Assist in implementation of policies established by federal and
state law and agency policies and procedures to ensure compliance
with Head Start Program Performance Standards and licensing
- Observe, model and coach effective teaching practices in the
classroom. Conduct formal, written classroom observations using all
three cycles of the Practice Based Coaching Model.
- Conduct regular reflective practice sessions with assigned
classroom staff. Assist classroom staff with setting and achieving
- Serve as an instructional leader by providing guidance, support
and suggestions based on data to classroom staff regarding
individualization of lesson plans, child screenings and
assessments, and classroom observations that increase the capacity
of classroom staff and produce positive child outcomes.
- Monitor and support the implementation of curriculum with
fidelity to ensure classroom environments and learning experiences
align with all domain within the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes
Framework: Birth to Five, including for children with disabilities
and dual language learners, as appropriate
- Keep all coaching records accurate, current and provide all
coaching documentation requested and updated in ChildPlus in a
- Become knowledgeable and maintain an understanding and support
the philosophies, theories and the mission of Child Care
- Continue professional growth by participating in classes,
training programs, workshops and conferences. Attend and
participate respectfully in staff meetings, in-service training,
parent engagement meetings, and any other trainings, meeting or
workshops deemed necessary by Child Care Associates Education
Coordinators, EHS/HS Management, and Program Director.
- Work with ISD Coach to ensure continuity of educational
- Participate in ISD/Head Start professional development and
- Attend scheduled staff meetings with ISD personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree in closely related field preferred.
- English-Spanish bilingual skills preferred.Please apply online
Keywords: Child Care Associates, Fort Worth , Head Start Coach, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!