Planner - Comprehensive Planning
Company: City of Fort Worth, Texas
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Planner - Comprehensive Planning
Pay Range From
Pay Range To
Department:Planning and Development
The Planning and Development Department works with citizens,
businesses, developers, and other stakeholders to build a strong
community, while we work to become the most livable and best
managed city in the country. The Comprehensive Planning Section
prepares long-range and strategic plans for the city's growth and
development, while also serving as a key focal point for plan
implementation. The Section prepares and updates the City's
Comprehensive Plan; conducts long-range planning for specific
areas; implements Fort Worth's Urban Village Program and associated
Mixed-Use and Urban Residential zoning; and supports TOD,
watershed, and other target area planning and implementation,
including form-based code development, streetscape improvement
projects, and urban design.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
with major coursework in Urban or Regional Planning, GIS, Urban
Geography, Public Administration, Civil Engineering, or a related
- Two (2) years of experience in planning with an emphasis on
long-range planning is required.
Essential Job Duties
- The ideal candidate will have experience working on complex
long-range planning projects.
- Have the ability to successfully convey planning concepts and
recommendations to a wide audience through excellent plan writing
and presentation skills.
- The candidate will also be adept at analyzing and interpreting
statistical and graphic planning information.
- Be able to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with a variety of stakeholders and staff.
- Proficiency in standard MS Office software is expected.
- Working familiarity with GIS and/or document design
- The ideal candidate will have significant experience in
long-range planning, including compelling work on municipal
comprehensive plans, area plans, and/or urban design plans for TOD
or other walkable urban districts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of land use, environmental, and
transportation planning, together with demographic and economic
research methods and tools, ArcGIS, and urban design concepts is
- The preferred candidate will have excellent plan writing
skills; graphic plan layout and design skills.
- Project management skills.
- Master's Degree in Planning.
- Membership in APA/AICP, CNU, or an equivalent professional
organization is a plus.
- Experience in streetscape improvement projects and/or state DOT
grants would also be helpful.
This position is responsible for performing long-range and
strategic planning assignments related to comprehensive and
specific area planning, including gathering, analyzing and
reporting on pertinent social, economic and physical data relevant
to planning activities; providing staff assistance to Senior
Planners and management on department and planning policy issues;
representing the department at meetings with other departments,
outside agencies, organizations, and community groups; creating and
giving presentations; and preparing and evaluating plans and
written reports with recommendations. This position is required to
travel to various planning sites within the city.
Examples of projects and supporting roles that may be assigned to
this position include analyzing and integrating land use,
environmental, and transportation planning information for a
variety of plans and projects; preparing and updating the City's
Comprehensive Plan and special purpose, strategic, or specific area
plans; working with stakeholders and community groups to develop
neighborhood plans; planning for Urban Villages and
Transit-Oriented Development areas around passenger rail stations;
and assisting in public participation processes associated
Keywords: City of Fort Worth, Texas, Fort Worth , Planner - Comprehensive Planning, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!