Senior Terminal Operator
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with
approximately 48,000 employees working in countries around the
world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas;
refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products;
manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and
develop future energy resources.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Senior
Terminal Operator located in Ft Worth, Texas through June 16, 2019
at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 402024
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited
- Terminal maintenance and terminal operations related to
receipt, storage, and disbursement of all products.
- Acts as an independent operator or directs crew in performing
all work to meet commitments related to product receipts. Works
closely with Head Terminal Operator to execute safe
- Take work direction from Terminal Manager & Head Operator and
effectively delegate work or work alongside other Terminal
- Willing and able to carry up to 50 lbs, climb stairs, and work
in various weather conditions.
- Ability to perform and learn in a fast pace work environment
and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to take initiative and perform in both field and
computer based work.
- Ability to look outside the box for opportunities to improve
- Maintains a positive attitude and always strives to develop a
positive work environment.
- Ability to train and develop competency amongst all
- Initiates corrective actions, arranges for repairs, schedules,
directs and/or performs maintenance activities, and leads a
preventative maintenance plan for the terminal.
- Participates in LPS (Loss Prevention System) process and
applicable Safe Work Practices.
- Understands Stock Control and able to troubleshoot issues that
may arise on a daily or monthly basis and be able to train and
mentor his/her team on the importance of staying in tolerance.
- Collaborates with supply schedulers, suppliers and transporters
for all products.
- Responsible for ensuring that all terminal records are
maintained. For example: Stock Control, waste/ regulatory,
additive, internal controls, payroll, personnel scheduling,
Billing/Ariba, SAPPM, Essential Suites.
- Assures compliance with all operating procedures, Safe Work
Practices, and contractor management.
- Holds drivers accountable for safe loading operations.
- Responsible for overseeing stewardship of product
- Performs customer service activities; answering phones, carding
drivers, addressing driver concerns.
- Leads and performs activities in the tank yard and Tank Truck
Loading Rack (TTLR) areas. For example: gauging tanks, draining
water (roofs and bottoms), switching tanks serving TTLR,
discharging storm water, sealing meters and fittings, performing
daily inspections, TTLR & shop clean up, painting, general
- Ability to respond to calls after hours, weekends, nights, and
Holidays as needed.
- Provide coverage across all operational shifts (day or night)
to meet business needs.
- May act as the terminal's main point of contact when Head
Operator & Terminal Manager are not available.
- Willing to travel to support other terminals and/or attend
- This position may require some driving.
- Safety Sensitive position.
- Not an entry level position.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word,
• Hazwoper certified
• 2 years' petroleum or related industry work experience (examples:
terminal, plant, refinery, or pipeline operator, lab tester,
petroleum inspector/surveyor, etc.)
• Qualify for and maintain the following certifications and or
licenses (in possession or eligible for)
-IATA Hazardous Materials Shipper certification (shipments by
-DOT Hazardous Materials Shipper certification (shipments by
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or
consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required
Nearest Major Market: Fort Worth
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Keywords: Chevron, Fort Worth , Senior Terminal Operator, Other , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!