Multiskilled Technician - Oncology
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 13, 2020
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system for Tarrant County in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds,
the network includes an acute care hospital andmore than 40
community-based clinics, including19 school-based clinics. John
Peter Smith Hospital is home to Tarrant County's first and only
Level 1 Trauma Center, its only psychiatric emergency services site
and has the largest hospital-based family medicine residency
program in the nation. Our network employs more than 6,500
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group. Acclaim has
over 300 providers serving the JPS Health Network in specialties
ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The
Acclaim group has been formed around a common set of incentives and
expectations supporting the operational, financial and clinical
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The Multi Skilled Technician performs technical and
clerical duties associated with the care and treatment of
* Performs basic patient care with consideration for age and
* Assist with patient care in a way that minimizes the risk of
transfer of infection, accidental contamination, and protects the
patient from injury or harm.
* Obtains and records vital signs, I/O's, weights, basic ECG
monitoring, venipunctures, bedside testing, and documents in the
patients record as directed by the licensed personnel.
* Delivers and obtains items from other areas of the hospital as
* Prepares and assists with admissions, discharges, procedures,
ambulating and transfers of patients.
* Assists in monitoring adequate availability and stocking of
supplies and equipment according to established PAR levels.
* Performs clerical functions (fax, copier, computer, printer;
insurance coding, patient charges, and telephone).
* Monitors patients with restraints or on suicide precautions and
documents as directed.
* Maintains a safe, clean work environment.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED.
* 1 plus years of experience in recording vital signs, I/Os,
weights, basic ECG monitoring, venipunctures, bedside testing,
patient transport and/or patient record documentation.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Completion of an accredited medical training program (e.g.
EMT-B/I, EMT-P, CMA, CNA, etc.).
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
* Current Nurse Assistant certification from the Texas Department
of Public Health (CNAs only).
* Current certification from a national registry as a Certified
Medical Assistant (CMA).
* Current State of Texas registration (EMT).
* Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR
* Must have current licensure, certification, or registration
relative to the discipline used to qualify for the position and
must be maintained throughout employment.
* Completion of Area Specific Competency Based Orientation Program
within the first 90 days of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Completion of basic ECG, Phlebotomy, or Medical Terminology
* Graduated from an accredited nursing school.
1500 S. Main Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76104
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Multiskilled Technician - Oncology, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!