Company: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Facilities SpecialistUS-TX-Fort WorthJob ID: 2Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: FacilitiesRAU-FWOverview
Performs skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment and minor
construction work in the buildings to ensure that facilities are
properly maintained and meet RECARO standards. May train
less-skilled employees in facilities maintenance. Assists
Facilities management in planning work, identifying staff training
needs, and in project management. Duties may fall into a variety of
trades, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical,
mechanical, energy management, fire safety and keys/security
systems. Support housekeeping and maintenance functions by
supervising the teams to maintain the facility cost-effectively at
optimum cleanliness. Adjusts priorities of assignments to meet
overall dynamic business requirements. Responsibilities
- Performs preventative maintenance on building systems,
plumbing, electrical, mechanical and control systems and related
components; tests system competency and component devices and
evaluates performance. Assists FMS management in planning and
scheduling preventative maintenance work and recommends approaches
to preventative maintenance programs.
- Repairs and maintains a variety of facilities systems,
components and structures; repairs building plumbing, low-voltage,
and line voltage electric systems, door hardware, fire and life
safety protection equipment/systems, sprinkler systems, sensors and
related hardware and software; constructs and maintains
indoor/outdoor facilities, fans, lights and related; conducts
structural inspections for safety.
- Facilitates relationships with external service providers
(HVAC, Elevator, Electricians, etc---) as needed for maintenance
and repair. Assist in determining if in-house or external
contractor support is needed. Coordinate the activities of a
variety of outside contractors who provide services for the Company
facilities including soliciting, negotiating and managing
- Performs service and preventative maintenance on small
motorized, e.g. Forklifts; troubleshoots equipment problems and
identifies when appropriate for external service provider to make
repairs or perform warranty work.
- Identifies repair and maintenance projects requiring the
assistance of contractors or vendors; participates in estimates and
evaluations of project costs; monitors work of vendors or
contractors; assists in the review of new construction or remodel
plans to assure compliance with facility maintenance
- Accesses and makes all levels of adjustments to computerized
control systems, such as for lighting or energy management systems;
and troubleshoots control system problems.
- Proactively coordinates a variety of Environmental auditing,
reporting and new program activities supporting overall plant goals
of zero controllable incidents, recycling/waste minimization and
full compliance with all reporting requirements.
- Performs recordkeeping related to preventative maintenance and
repair so that RECARO makes the most efficient and effective use of
computerized maintenance management and service request systems;
tracks and closes assigned work orders; may monitor work orders
assigned to others and assist them in managing work orders.
- Maintains a broad working knowledge of materials, systems and
code requirements related to maintenance of the company's
- Responds to facility related emergencies and closure. Assists
with tasks required in preparing to open building(s) after a
closure including snow and ice removal, systems and equipment
checks and start-up operations as assigned.
- Assists in structural safety and fire inspections.
- Support in the safe operational condition of all facilities
systems. Create and manage the Company Lock out/Tag out
- Maintains appropriate records and reports.
- Maintain door keys system(s) and Alarm system(s)
- Promote and maintain full compliance with Federal and State
Environmental regulations and Agencies within Company guidelines.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Education/Experience:
- Bachelors in Engineering, Facilities Management, Business
Management, preferred or relevant experience in lieu of
- Experience in managing 3 rd party vendor and service
- Project Management experience, including Capital
- Adept at using a wide variety of common hand tools, including
- Ability to read/comprehend schematics and technical information
and document improvements made to systems.
- Ability to use CAD tools preferred.
Keywords: Recaro Aircraft Seating Americas, Inc., Fort Worth , Facilities Specialist, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!