Junior Business Systems Analyst - San Antonio, TX or Telecommute (TX Only)
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: May 7, 2021
The Associate Business System Analyst is responsible for
developing, reviewing and refining the necessary documentation
describing a project's technical, functional and procedural
specifications. The production of these documents are in complete
alignment with the company's overall business strategies and
provide a clear road map depicting the project's scope and
objectives. This position plays an important role as a liaison
between the Business Integration Units (users) and Network
Operations Group (developers/supporters). If you are located within
Texas you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on
some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Becomes main interface between system users and technical
- Analyzes business requirements, documents and translates
business needs into functional and technical specifications.
- Conducts technical analysis of existing processes in order to
evaluate, document and communicate solutions to both the technical
team and business stakeholders.
- Plans and assists with oversight of testing procedures. Reports
and documents defect identification and resolution.
- Assists in identifying system requirements in terms of its
capabilities, objectives and scope of project.
- Assists in the development of work plans, time schedules and
project task items.
- Prepares and/or presents project status reports. Tracks
progress and notifies and/or escalates issues with management.
Provides assistance in issue resolution.
- Provides subject matter expert and operational support to
internal business partners.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned. You'll be
rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that
will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to
succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles
you may be interested in.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required
(4+ years of comparable work experience may be substituted in lieu
of a bachelor's degree).
- 2+ years of experience participating in the developing
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Exposure and understanding of concepts related to Structured
Query Languages (SQL)
- Ability to analyze and document process and data flow.
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external
- Solid Microsoft Office skills to include Word, Excel, Visio,
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be
required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone
system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener.
Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In
addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are
expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot
be attained.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business
- Experience in Medicare Claims and Medicare Risk
- Advanced course of study in information technology, business or
- Experience with project management and project control
- Experience best practice implementations.
- Functional understanding of SQL Server (Version 2008 or
higher), Visual Studio (Version 2008 or higher), SQL SSRS, SQL
SSMSPhysical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem
solvingCareers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators
in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health
care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily
Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and
multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management
services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family
of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and
to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong
effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their
dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that
means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your
life's best work.(sm)*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere
to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy. Diversity creates a
healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment
Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. UnitedHealth Group is a
drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test
before beginning employment. Job Keywords: Healthcare, SQL, BA,
Waterfall, San Antonio, TX, Texas, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Fort
Worth, Irvine, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from
home, Work at home, Remote
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Fort Worth , Junior Business Systems Analyst - San Antonio, TX or Telecommute (TX Only), Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!