Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Purchasing Manager ? Modis is seeking a Purchasing Manager for a
direct hire job based in Ft. Worth, TX. You must have a minimum of
five years' experience in a procurement leadership role. The
Purchasing Manager will be responsible for the overall supply chain
operations, including purchasing, inventory and distribution of
supplies and equipment. You will develop policies, procedures, and
objectives for the purchasing program in accordance with
procurement codes and guidelines. This is an excellent opportunity
with a Global Leader!!! - Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the financial performance, including the
evaluation of spend to established targets, including contract
compliance, budget, forecast etc.
- Develops strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and
efficiency of operations.
- Ensures that issues regarding existing and new products are
resolved in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Acts as negotiator between the Company and vendors/suppliers on
procurement contracts; keeps informed of all new developments
relative to available resources, makes recommendations designed to
reduce costs, update systems, and provide environmentally approved
materials and services.
- Establishes and implements short and long-range goals,
objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and
evaluates program effectiveness; effects changes required for
- Uses MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and other programs
for effective inventory usage.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and
performs periodic cost and productivity analysis. Analysis shows
time spent effectively or not and makes adjustments. Utilizes
overtime as needed to assure all orders are completed timely.
- Reviews major procurement contracts, coordinates contract
compliance, change orders, and problem resolution in conformance
with contract law; consults with legal counsel as required.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating
resources and/or revenues. - Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree/MBA preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Strong experience in SAP REQUIRED.
- Five+ years of procurement/supply chain management.
- Knowledge of contract law and contracting process and
associated local, state, federal, and other regulations, including
NFPA and Contractor's requirements.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing,
prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments, employee development
and performance management skills.
- Ability to negotiate and manage short and long term
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating
- Skilled in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to analyze purchasing requests/orders for compliance
with all applicable procurement codes.
- Ability to prepare bids, requests for quotes, and proposals in
compliance with business policies and applicable procurement codes.
- Employment Type: Direct Hire - Salary: $90-$105k - Immigration
Status: Must be able to work in the US without restrictions. No
Sponsorship/C2C is available. - If you are interested in this
Purchasing Manager Job in Ft. Worth, TX, then please click apply
through Modis. - Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledTo
read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains
how we will use your information, please navigate to
https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacyThe Company will
consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
Keywords: Modis, Fort Worth , Purchasing Manager, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!