Operations Supervisor - Transportation Management
Company: Penske Truck Leasing and Logistics
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Operations Supervisor - Transportation Management (Job Number:
2212499 )Position Summary:Responsible for all operational activity
including order entry, load planning, and load monitoring.
Supervises salary associates, and is responsible for performance
management. Actively involved in the hiring process as well as
customer interactions.In this role, Operations Supervisors will be
bonus eligible based on their performance and location performance.
Operations Supervisor could earn up to 12% of their base for Max
Performance.Schedule: Monday through Friday 10am -8pmMajor
- Lead team of salaried employees (includes: performance review,
corrective action, and goal setting)
- Provide detailed instruction to various personnel via email and
- Act as first level escalation for customer inquires
- Assist in new customer implementations
- Prioritize time sensitive situations
- Work with team in scheduling deliveries to receivers and
providing excellent customer service
- Ensuring customer's KPI's are hit on a daily and weekly
- Track shipments to ensure on time delivery is met
- Handle rate negotiations with carriers on a spot rate
- Analyze process data and work on continuous improvements
- Identifying cost savings opportunities for the customer
- Ensuring all business needs are covered including when there
are vacations, illness, etc.
- Other projects as assigned by the manager
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the logistics / supply chain
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Previous experience in a supervisory role
- JDA Transportation Management System experience preferred
- Must have strong attention to detail and effective
- Strong customer focus
- Must be skilled in Problem Solving / Process Improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize time sensitive
- Advanced desktop computer skills including Microsoft Excel and
- Must be able to learn and regularly operate various computer
systems across different platforms
- Ability to lead and develop team of salaried associates
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working
relationships with customers as well as Penske personnel
- Team player with flexibility in working different shifts
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug
- The physical and mental demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.Penske is an Equal Opportunity
Employer.About Penske LogisticsHeadquartered in Reading, Pa.,
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies throughout the world.
Penske Logistics delivers value through design, planning and
execution in transportation, warehousing, and international freight
forwarding and carrier management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to
learn more.Work Locations :230 S. Intermodal Parkway 230 S.
Intermodal ParkwayFort Worth, TX 76177Primary Location : United
States-Texas-Fort WorthJob : Logistics/Supply ChainPenske Oracle
Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PL.Operations SupervisorReq ID:
Keywords: Penske Truck Leasing and Logistics, Fort Worth , Operations Supervisor - Transportation Management, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!