Title: Production Mgr I
Company: Bio-Rad Laboratories
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Oversees and leads all production processes and operations
ensuring that they run reliably, efficiently and in accordance with
the build schedules that have been set to meet the demand for
finished products. Requires a close working relationship with
planning, QC, manufacturing engineering, marketing and R&D
management. Responsible for allocation of resources, adhering to
cost, quality and budgetary constraints and standards.
* Hires, develops, mentors and manages Manufacturing Supv,
Production Planner, Buyer, Warehouse Staff, and Manufacturing
* Develops labor standards, production processes and quality
standards for new and existing products.
* Develops, revises, and enforces standard operationalproc edures
and work practices.
* Develops/revises assembly/process layouts to meet production
schedules and new product introductions.
* Plans production operations, establishing priorities and
sequences for manufacturing products.
* Prepares department budgets, salary plans, and capacity
* Reviews production and operating reports to quickly resolve
operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems ensuring
minimal cost and delay.
* Improves product cost structure by improving utilization and
efficiency of direct labor.
* Maintains compliance regarding the use and storage of hazardous
materials and DEA controlled substances.
* Recommends capital equipment improvements to enhance production
* Enforces quality standards for new product releases to mfg.
* Responsible for ensuring maintenance of lab and warehouse areas
* Ensures timely maintenance and calibration of all equipment used
in production, and manages validations of all equipment and
processes required to maintain production
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical,
Industrial or related field.
* 8+ years manufacturing production experience, preferably in a
regulated environment, or equivalent combination of education and
* 5-8 years of supervisory/management experience.
* Familiarity with SAP and other manufacturing materials
* Effective communication skills.
* PC skills (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, database software, internet
software, manufacturing software).
* Knowledge of and experience with chemical, instrument or facility
production processes, and process equipment.
* Experience with hand and automated tooling and inspection gauges
is a plus.
Due to the higher threat of more infectious and deadly COVID-19
variant strains emerging, Bio-Rad has a mandatory vaccination
policy requiring its US employees to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New hires will be asked to
upload their vaccination card into our electronic database hosted
by ClearPass, who specializes in securing electronic medical
information, within 3 days of their start date. With this policy,
Bio-Rad joins a growing list of companies that are prioritizing
sound science and available facts to best ensure the ongoing safety
of its employees and the community.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical
diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more
than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our
customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to
provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products
that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process
and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency
resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad
Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless
authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to
unsolicited resumes. #LI-CH1
Keywords: Bio-Rad Laboratories, Fort Worth , Title: Production Mgr I, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!