Company: GD Energy Products
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionGD Energy Products – New Name, Same LegacyThe
company you have known as Gardner Denver High Pressure Solutions
has a new name – GD Energy Products. Now for more than 160 years,
we have made it our business to lead the industry with unmatched
products and services; and I can promise that while our identity
may change, deep down, who we are as a company never will. GD
Energy Products is looking for a Buyer-Planner to work in Fort
Worth, TX.When joining GD Energy Products, you will be eligible for
many of our competitive benefits, including: vacation, 401K
matching, paid holidays, sick days, full medical/dental/vision
benefits, short/long term disability, maternity/paternity leave and
many more! Job Summary:The Buyer will research and purchase
products with a primary focus in procuring products related to
production build for the regional plants located in Fort Worth and
Odessa. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Oversees and maintains current inventory.
- Researches, analyzes, and forecasts current and future buying
trends, markets, styles, and products, with attention to specified
target market and demographics.
- Responsible for all purchasing functions related to the
procurement of goods and materials as assigned, including source
selection, order placement and follow-up.
- Manages order changes with suppliers to avoid cost and delivery
- Negotiates pricing and delivery terms with vendors that are not
part of a master agreement or corporate contract.
- Analyzes weekly reports on past due purchase orders; follows up
on back orders and communicates delays and changes to other
materials, manufacturing, and sales/customer service personnel as
- Utilizes ERP (SAP) system in compliance with supply chain
processes. Ensures purchase orders are confirmed within defined
- Serves as liaison to vendors and suppliers; communicates
information, internally and externally to ensure appropriate
personnel are notified of delays, changes, and errors with goods
ordered & received.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Required
- Experience in scheduling, inventory control, or production,
and/or procurement for a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word,
is required; experience with SAP strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to compile information and make decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Customer Service/Supply Chain/Logistics experience with SAP or
other related ERP systems knowledge required preferably in a
manufacturing environment or Bachelor's degree in Business,
Economics etc. Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to regularly travel to trade shows and retail
locations. GD Energy Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status, as well as any other
characteristic protected by applicable law, regulation or local
ordinance. For more information about your rights under the law,
Keywords: GD Energy Products, Fort Worth , Buyer, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!