Shipping Supervisor - 3pm to 11:30pm
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We are RS Group. RS Group is a global integrated omni-channel
solutions partner for industrial B2B customers who design, build,
and maintain industrial equipment and operations. We are a FTSE 100
company with -2 billion in revenue, operating in 32 countries,
shipping 60,000 parcels a day to over 1.2 million customers
Our Vision is to be first choice for all our stakeholders, and we
know that starts with our people. At RS we want everyone to show up
to work as themselves and know that they will be supported and
encouraged to develop and grow. We want work to be a place that
excites and empowers, a place where you can be passionate and
challenge people to think differently.
We want to hire the best talent, people who share our values and
understand that when we act with respect and humility, we can do
great things. That's why we've put our purpose at the heart of our
organisation, we want to make amazing happen for a better world. We
empower our people to make a difference, innovate to make more
possible and deliver to make it happen. Footnote: RS Group Brands:
RS, Allied Electronics & Automation, RS PRO, OKdo, DesignSpark,
IESA, Synovos, Needlers and Liscombe. Function To provide
operational leadership to non-exempt workforce teams to ensure the
planning and execution of responsibilities are achieved to meet or
exceed company goals successfully. Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet operational goals and objectives while maintaining
standards pertaining to productivity and quality.
- Manage and direct warehouse associates to meet timely
distribution and receipt of product.
- Adhere to budgetary guidelines and ensure compliance with
financial procedures such as inventory accuracy and control,
returns, damages, etc.
- Motivate associates and develop teams to ensure predetermined
quality and productivity goals are met.
- Responsible for forecasting daily workloads and scheduling the
workforce to ensure correct staffing to pick, replenish, restock,
locate and ship stock in a productive and cost efficient
- Maintains focus on the quality of service to customers and
ensures prompt follow through on customer correspondence,
complaints, and inquires related to the shipment of products and
stock on hand. Develops and implements modifications and
innovations to improve the quality of service to our
- Coordinate maintenance of equipment, using both preventive
maintenance and coordinating repairs
- Responsible for employee development by training, coaching,
counseling and one to one performance conversations.
- Responsible for the corrective action process and quickly
addresses these issues in a timely fashion.
- Recognizes and acts on opportunities to improve efficiencies
while providing seamless transactions and service; manage all of
Allied's resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Prepares ad hoc reporting
- Ensures that accurate payroll, time, and attendance records are
kept via the payroll system.
- Ensures all HR related transactions are correctly recorded and
sent to HR in a timely manner (new hires, transfers, shift
difference changes, terminations).
- Ensure the day to day management of associate activities are in
alignment with Allied's safety programs and goals. Provides
associates with communication, training, feedback, and direction to
ensure safe performance of all work activity is met. Essential
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- 2-4 years of previous supervisory experience needed
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office Equal Employment
Opportunity Allied is an equal opportunity employer and maintains
policies and practices that are designed to prevent and prohibit
unlawful discrimination against any qualified employee or applicant
on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military/veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or any
other unlawful classification to the extent protected by law. This
policy of nondiscrimination applies to all employment practices,
including hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and
termination. Employees who engage in unlawful discrimination will
be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
This employer is a corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Fort Worth , Shipping Supervisor - 3pm to 11:30pm, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!