Seasonal Material Handler - 2nd Shift
Company: Michaels Stores
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 24, 2022
We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where
innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting
missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team
Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better
To review a comprehensive list of benefits, please visit Michaels
CO, CT and NYC only -To review pay ranges for the position you are
applying for, please visit Michaels Pay Ranges - CO, CT, Ithaca and
The Material Handler may fulfill multiple roles in the Distribution
Center environment to help fulfill overall mission to process
Inbound and/or Outbound freight accurately, timely, and safely.
* Performs one or more of a variety of functions in a Distribution
Center environment associated with fulfilling orders for retail
stores and/or other Distribution Centers. Potential work
assignments include Receiving, Labeling, Putaway, Order Picking,
Slotting, Replenishment, eComm order fulfillment, Hybrid throwing,
Loading, and other "speciality" roles that require additional
training/experience (e.g., Inventory Control). May utilize manual
and/or powered industrial equipment and/or RF guns to perform work
tasks as well.
* Documents production log appropriately to include changes in
assignments, downtime, meetings, etc. to ensure productivity
records are accurate.
* Completes other assigned duties per business needs.
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
* Basic computer skills for certain roles
* Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
* Basic math proficiency for certain roles
* Good record-keeping skills with attention to details for certain
* Good communication and interpersonal skills
* High school education or equivalency preferred
Preferred Type of Experience the Job Requires
* Prior use of manual and/or powered industrial equipment
* Basic warehouse and/or Distribution Center knowledge recommended;
demonstrated success working in a production environment is
* Frequent lifting and carrying of product weighing 5 to 60
* Frequent pushing or pulling of material and/or equipment
* Frequent standing when working and when driving powered
* Frequent walking, primarily in the warehouse
* Regular reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling and twisting
* Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists, hands
* Exposure to extreme temperatures dependent on external climate
and proximity to dock doors/exits
* Moderate noise level from DC conveyor/sortation system and
powered industrial equipment
* Occasional vibration if/when operating powered industrial
* Potential exposure to fumes and airborne particles
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal
requirements of the job.
Keywords: Michaels Stores, Fort Worth , Seasonal Material Handler - 2nd Shift, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!