Company: International Aerospace Coatings
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Are you self motivated, a great leader who excited to work with
a winning team then IAC is looking for you?
We offer a great opportunity to work for a great company and build
a long lasting career.
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the world's leading
aviation specialist painting company. We work with Domestic and
International Original Aircraft Equipment Manufacturing Companies,
Airlines Operators, Private Operators and Aviation Leasing
Companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft
painting, graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance
The Production Manager is responsible for the daily operations of
aircraft maintenance and painting. He/she oversees the
administration of all maintenance and compliance records. The
Production Manager will be tasked with effective, efficient and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure company environmental, health and safety policies are
always upheld and enforced on hangar floor.
- Ensure production operation's ongoing regulatory compliance
with the FAA repair station certificate and repair station
- Daily, weekly and monthly manpower scheduling and management to
ensure projects are adequately resourced with the required
- Drive consistent adherence to, and improvement of, production
processes to ensure world class quality product standards
- Conduct daily customer meetings and act as main liaison with
customer representatives to ensure excellent levels of
communication and customer relations.
- Ensure a paint plan and schedule are created for each paint
event to ensure all SOW items are adequately resourced and
accounted for in order to deliver to desired KPI's.
- Daily management and adjustment of project plans to account for
variables, such as over and above work, have minimal impact to
- Conduct start of shift meetings (day shift and night shift)
with team leaders and assign daily shift targets
- Act as focal point for indirect departments (materials,
facilities, quality, HR etc.) to ensure production operations are
- Capture and manage any additional work items which may arise
during projects; and take responsibility for seeking approval from
customer in a timely fashion
- Successfully manage all aspects of project to ensure manhours
and material budgets are achieved and constantly drive for
improvements of efficiency
- Lead efforts to ensure processes are always in place to protect
- Take ownership and accountability for efforts and initiatives
to upskill and train painters
- Ensure comprehensive handovers are performed between team
leaders and with production manager peers during shift change
- Validate and approve production employee's hours in TMS in a
- Always manage all vacation and leave requests of production
employees to ensure adequate staffing levels
- Constantly drive initiation, improvement and maintenance of
hangar and facility standards with regard housekeeping and
cleanliness, with focus on the 5S principles of sorting, systematic
arrangement, shining, standardizing and sustaining.
- Partner with QC and QA to develop and improve quality
- Conduct employee reviews and evaluations to ensure production
workforce is motivated and optimal performance levels are
- Conduct employee reviews and evaluation to ensure production
workforce is motivated and optimal performance levels are
- Support general manager and deputize as required
- Partner with quality and environmental health leaders.
- Ensure production processes are followed.
- Maintenance and monitoring of environmental health and safety
- Conduct status updates and transition meetings to review daily
production status with all facility and production personnel.
- Daily management and communication of project schedules.
- Process and maintenance of 5S Principles of sorting, systematic
arrangement, shining, standardizing and sustaining of aircraft
maintenance bays, paint mix rooms, and production office
- Train and development Leads and Painters.
- Resource allocation and project planning to meet budgetary
- Determine manpower requirements.
- Ensure budget and delivery schedule is maintained.
- Coordinate maintenance and schedule requirements with
- Meet with all appropriate parties for updating the customer on
the status of their aircraft.
- Coordinates the planned billable man-hours for the night
- Provide leadership and direction, coach and mentor direct
reports and their subordinates to consistently deliver excellence
in their undertaking as individuals and team players.,
- Ensure high quality workmanship and on-time delivery of
- Obtain customer approvals for man hours and parts as
- Provide complete explanation and meticulous detail to justify
the request for approval.
- Ensure the work area and bay in which the aircraft is located
is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliance, enforcing
regulations and practices to avoid accidents.
- Ensure that good housekeeping practices are enforced always
with an objective of securing an environment conducive to employee
- Strive for continuous process improvements and increasing
efficiencies in execution and delivery with safety as a
- Review daily personnel performance and progress on aircraft to
determine if any alteration to the plan and schedule is necessary
and to ensure that tasks are completed within budgeted time.
- Experience with direct labor hours and budgetary goals.
- Ability to wear full face respirators, coveralls and fall
- Ability to work a variety of shifts based on company and client
- Experience designing, developing, implementing and training
- Experience with 5S Lean Production, TQM, and/or Six Sigma a
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position directly supervises
employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in
accordance with the organization's policies and applicable
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED (required).
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, operational
management, general business (preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in production management with an
- Have working knowledge of the company inspection procedures
manual (IPM) and Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR)
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations: Current A&P
certificate preferred (verifiable).
- Relocation Assistance is available
Keywords: International Aerospace Coatings, Fort Worth , Production Manager, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!