Construction Quality Control Manager
Company: Mirador Enterprises
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*CONTRACTOR QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER (Short Term and/or Permanent
*(Naval Airforce Station Joint Reserve Base-Fort Worth, TX - NAS
JRB Forth Worth)*
*PRIMARY PURPOSE: *
The Contractor Quality Control Manager (CQCM) implements, monitors,
and conducts all project quality control construction activities
and supervises additional Quality Control Inspectors assigned to
the project. This includes maintaining a professional, ethical, and
courteous relationship with the customer, subcontractors, vendors,
and the company's project management staff; requests, reviews,
approves or disapproves all materials and equipment submittals to
ensure they in compliance with the approved Project's Quality
Control Plan and the Project's scope, drawings, and specifications;
ensures all material and equipment submittals are processed in
accordance with the approved construction schedule's timelines;
ensures all work performed is in compliance to the approved
Project's Quality Control Plan and the Project's scope, drawings,
and specifications; ensures all required tests are performed in
compliance to the approved Project's Quality Control Plan and the
Project's scope, drawings, and specifications; and performs all the
quality control inspections required by the approved Project's
Quality Control Plan and the Project's scope, drawings, and
-Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management degree
preferred / minimum of ten (10) years QC relevant construction
- Federal project experience preferred
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to pass Government Clearance/Background Check to enter
- Valid Driver's License
- Certifications: USACE Contractor Quality Control Management,
First Aid, CPR, OSHA 30, a plus
- Excellent writing, oral, and computer skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High degree of competency understanding and interpreting
construction drawings and specifications
- High degree of experience with submittals, Microsoft Office and
other Construction programs.
*MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Maintain, update, review and submit all QC required
* Manage, develop, submit and communicate Quality Assurance/Quality
Control processes inclusive of; the development and maintenance of
the Submittal Register, maintain a list of features of work, assist
with Activity Hazard Analysis for each feature of work, track,
transmit, and archive Submittals, maintain, track and report the
Three-Phase Control process and meetings, submit and track Requests
for Information (RFIs), submit Daily Quality Control Reports,
track, report and submit QC Test Results, track, report and submit
Structural and Life Safety Inspections, maintain and submit Labor
and Equipment Hours and their corresponding Monthly Exposure
Report, update/document progress of work, develop Project
Schedules/Pay Activities, identify and track deficiencies,
coordinate and submit monthly coordination meetings, and manage and
take action on noncompliance notifications from the customer.
* Authorized to review and approve/disapprove material and
equipment submittals, RFIs, shop drawings, tests, workmanship, and
work in progress for compliance with code and contract
* Authorize to perform, or cause to be performed, all daily
inspections and tests of the scope and character necessary to
achieve the quality of construction outlined in the plans and
specifications for all work under the contract performed on or off
o Verify that testing procedures are in compliance to the
o Verify that facilities and testing equipment are readily
available and meet testing standards.
o Verify that testing equipment calibration data complies with
o We agree and encourage the Government to check laboratory
equipment to ensure compliance with standards and
o We agree and encourage the Government to recheck laboratory
equipment when the initial capability check fails
o We agree that the Government can use utilize our laboratory to
make assurance tests and review our test procedures
o Record results of all tests take, inclusive of failing or passing
tests on the QC Daily Report
o Provide a copy of the tests performed to the Customer's
* Maintain the latest applicable drawings, specifications, scopes
of work with approved modifications at the job site and assured
that they were used for all shop drawings, fabrication,
construction, inspections and testing.
* Maintain marked-up drawings at the site depicting as-built
conditions in accordance with the contract clause "As-Built
Drawings". The drawings were available for review by the Customer
at all times.
* Prepare and maintain a submittal register for each contract.
Review the register at least weekly in conjunction with the
scheduled dates required and in relation to the actual work
* Assist the Project Management Team in taking appropriate actions
when slippage in the schedule or other changes.
* Update submittals registers and submit updated registers to the
* Review and certify all shop drawings and/or submittals for
compliance with the contract requirements prior to their
transmission to the Customer.
* Maintain a current inventory of installed property.
* Maintain a listing of required Operations and Maintenance Manuals
and Contractor instructional requirements and suspense/action
dates. Ensure training is conducted and the Operations and
Maintenance Manuals are transmitted to the Customer's
Representative at closeout.
* Establish and maintain a Deficiency Notice and Deficiency
Tracking Log and track and/or suspense system to monitor and assure
all inspection and testing activities and frequencies are in
accordance with the contract.
* Initiate and transmit to the Customer in advance of contract
completion, a complete and factual report of all remaining
submittals, inspections and tests required prior to acceptance of
the work by the Customers.
* Administered the Contractor's Warranty Program in accordance to
our Quality Control Program section "Warranty of Construction"
* Direct and conduct Davis-Bacon wage compliance interviews
including Subcontractor and Company employees.
* Notify the Project Manager of non-compliance with reporting and
regulation requirements and monitored corrective action.
* Prepare and review with the Customer's Inspectors progress and
final payment request of each Task Order project.
* Conduct project-wide trend analysis to safeguard against
recurring quality discrepancies and/or deficiencies of materials
* Provide documented evaluations, assessments, and Quality Control
assistance to the Project Manager, Superintendents, Site Safety &
Health Officer, and Subcontractors.
* Assure that correct procedures were followed for proper disposal
of contaminants and refuse. If necessary, a project specific plan
was developed to augment standard procedures.
* Perform the Three-Phase Inspections and develop punch list of
items requiring correction or completion prior to the Customer's
* Attend and assist the Customer's Inspectors at the Pre-final
Inspection and the Final Acceptance Inspection.
* Review Subcontractor submittals from Subcontractors in accordance
to the Contract's approved Construction Schedule requirements to
prevent delays in the work, delays to the Customer, or delays to
* Track and note the date submittals were received from
* Ensure the verification of field measurements, materials, field
construction criteria; review each submittal; and check and
coordinate each submittal with requirements of the work.
* Correct and resubmit disapproved submittals to the Customer.
* furnish additional copies of submittals as requested by the
Quality Control Plan.
* Ensure no work begins until submittals for that work have been
returned as "Approved" or as "Approved as Noted".
* Ensure submittals were clearly legible.
* Plan, coordinate, and communicate inspections and reviews.
* Establish an approval target date and dates when materials are
required for each Contract.
* Review all "FOI" or "G" submittals for conformance to
specifications, codes and specific requirements of the
* Act on submittals and determine appropriate action.
* Code submittals "RR" on submittals that did not conform to
specifications, codes and specific requirements and returned them
to the Subcontractor as disapproved and for resubmittal.
* For submittals requiring Customer Approval "G" code, stamp
submittals as "Approved" or as "Approved as Noted" and then forward
to the Customer for further review.
* Responsible for documenting all inspections through daily reports
which will be provided to the Customer.
*PERSONAL PROFILE: *
- A self-starting, motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on quality and safety.
- Ability to simultaneously oversee multiple constructions projects
of various complexities.
- Systematic approach to tasks to achieve accuracy and
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to
manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, and ethical
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple
- Ability to travel as required
*MENTAL DEMANDS: *
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintains
emotional control under pressure.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Mirador Enterprises, Fort Worth , Construction Quality Control Manager, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!