Sr Industrial Engineer
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and
transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail
outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential
link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on
tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates
temperature-controlled warehouses around the world. We have over
16,000 associates and offer a wide variety of career opportunities
- from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting,
administration, business development, customer support,
engineering, transportation, and technology solutions
Provide engineering and project support to divisional Americold
facilities, Corporate, and engineering team. Drive labor
improvement through engineered labor standards, performance
incentive roll-out, cost benefit evaluations, work flow analysis,
asset utilization, and scheduling optimization. Create pricing
models for new or changing business. Provide leadership and
training to less-experienced industrial engineers.
• Validate and maintain time-studied standards.
• Calculate and implement performance incentives.
• Ensure Red Prairie Work Force Management is accurate and utilized
• Formally and informally train operations teams on labor
management and the associated systems. This includes in-person and
• Evaluate material handling equipment requirements as needed.
• Keep abreast of the latest technology in warehousing and evaluate
• Develop project scopes, specifications and estimates as
• Drive productivity improvements and reducing costs.
• Ability to create scheduling tools which accurately reflect work
content of a site
• Lead and execute continuous improvement projects
• Drive the Americold Operating System labor initiatives.
• Create pricing models for new or changing business utilizing
• Provide training for industrial engineers.
• Other duties as requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial Engineering or
equivalent degree such as Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering,
Logistics is required
• 6+ years of work experience in Industrial Engineering or
• Continuous Improvement and PMO skill required
• Experience with the distribution/warehouse/logistics industry
• Proficient with RF Scanning and Warehouse Management Systems
• Experienced at providing Engineering support to multiple
• Strong analytical skills
• Exposure to leading multisite engineering projects
• Automation experience preferred
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner with little or no
• Able to work in a multi-functional team environment
• Strong change management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to read and utilize financial data
• Strong interpersonal skills required
• Strong analytical skills required
• Strong time management skills required
• Must be self-motivated with high degree of initiative
• High travel position, up to 75%
• Strong computer skills including MS Office; MSD/MOST experience
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down
from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements
for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing
• May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts,
carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and
receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without
exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning,
negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and
respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.
Keywords: Americold, Fort Worth , Sr Industrial Engineer, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!