Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: Cummings Electric
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Electrical Controls Engineer
The candidate must have extensive knowledge in the controls and
automation processes in Industrial Facilities. This position is
responsible for the planning and design of Electrical Control
systems. These systems include motor control systems, PLCs,
instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives and electrical
GENERAL ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS -(The below statements are intended to
describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by
this position. This is not a complete listing of all
responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Additional
responsibilities may also be assigned.)
- Interpret schematic drawings of relay logic diagrams, PLC
programs, motor control circuit diagrams, pneumatic loops,
- Must be able to manage a project from concept to finished
- Must be able to understand and design industrial panel
- Utilizes AutoCAD Electrical to design and engineer electrical
control systems, design panel schematics and layouts and assemble
project drawing package.
- Ability to research material specifications and sources for the
building of the required Bill of Materials for assigned
- Understand and incorporate feedback from panel builder, field
electricians and programmers to modify drawing package as
- Supervise and review work of CAD Drafters assigned to
- Raise questions as needed to develop a complete understanding
of design intent and applicable design best practices and internal
- Oversee/Perform Quality Assurance of Panel Built in panel shop
(point to point and power-up).
- Understanding of electrical theories, principles and writing
- Understanding of basic relay logic.
- Organizes and runs scheduled work orders within department to
meet on-time needs
- Communicate with vendors, engineers, owners, service managers
and other contractors to assure jobs are completed within scope and
- Treat clients with the highest degree of respect and work to
develop a partnership environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of experience with AutoCAD Electrical or
- 3+ years of Industrial Electrical Designs
- 3+ years of controls and automation experience
- 2+ of leadership responsibilities
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of UL508a standards,
Supplemental SA/SB Tables and NEC/NFPA70E standards.
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written,
oral, diagram or schedule form such as safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure
- Understand priorities communicated by leadership and oversees
construction schedule based on resources and lead times of
- Excellent computer skills:
- Capable of running updated scheduling reports, ensuring
department work transactions are completed correctly, and basic use
of Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States.
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable
- Must pass a background check and drug screen.
- Mainly office but may also include all other work environments
as required: sit, stand, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to
operate a computer keyboard and telephone. -
- Work is generally performed in climate-controlled office
- Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting, and
traditional office equipment as found in a typical office
- Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
- May on occasion be exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise
levels, such as from office equipment. -
- Can be exposed to hazardous materials, loud noises, and extreme
heat/cold temperatures, if visiting job sites or other off-site
- Can be exposed to Heavy Equipment, slippery surfaces, uneven
footing on the jobsite
- Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone,
and printers, light foot traffic).
- Repeat the same mental activities. -
- Ability to operate a keyboard at efficient speed and typical
business office equipment, including computer hardware. -
- Regularly required to talk and/or hear; use hands to operate
objects, tools or controls (phone, computer, printer etc.); and
reach with hands and arms. -
- Work performed causes fatigue of eyes, fingers, and other
facilities because of continuous use of motor senses. -
- Vision and hearing at or correctable to normal ranges.
- May be occasionally be asked to lift, stoop, kneel, and/or move
objects up to 25 pounds. -
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
Keywords: Cummings Electric, Fort Worth , Electrical Controls Engineer, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...