Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: December 10, 2018
Sr Technician - Quality Inspector
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 76752BR Date posted 11/21/2018 City Fort Worth
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You could be a great fit for our Quality organization if:
- You take immense satisfaction and pride in the quality of your work.
- Youre the first to point out opportunities for continuous improvement (even outside of worknot at all to the annoyance of your friends and family).
- You understand the absolute importance of adhering to complianceall while making your customers proud by achieving a zero-defect quality delivery plan.
OK. We got it. You live and breathe Quality. So do we! For us at UTC Aerospace Systems, quality is personal. Peoples lives and safety depend on the quality of our products. From the child flying for the first time, to the men and women who save lives, to the astronaut exploring outer space what we do matters, every day. If you checked the boxes above, we invite you to join the Quality organization as we work to be the best aerospace company for the world by delighting our customers with 100 percent on-time delivery and zero defect parts.
This position is for a staff Quality Inspection technician who works under moderate supervision. Performs moderately complex in-process, final bench and product feature inspections. Establishes inspection and testing specifications and procedures. Reviews inspection and test plans, technical reports, and data. Assists in orienting, training, and assigning the work of business support/technical employees.
- Works under moderate supervision to assist with inspecting arriving, in-process and completed products for quality.
- Performs moderately complex in-process, final bench and product feature inspections. Inspects actual products on the floor and on-line.
- Performs moderately complex First Article Inspections (FIA) and conformity inspections.
- Reviews technical reports, graphs and charts.
- Establishes inspection and testing specifications and procedures.
- Reviews inspection and test plans, standards and acceptance criteria, and procedures/work instructions.
- Uses pre-determined methods, operations, setups and prescribed specifications to inspect arriving, in-process and completed products for conformance to engineering requirements.
- Uses a variety of measuring devices, testing equipment's, and statistical control processes.
- Performs in-process, final bench and product feature inspections.
- Inspects actual products on the floor and on-line.
- Performs First Article Inspections (FIA) and conformity inspections.
- Raises notifications of non-conformance, quarantines non-conforming product and, when approved to do so, provides disposition.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a relevant application.
- Experience with mechanical assemblies in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Aerospace industry requirements.
- AS9100 knowledge.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- High School or GED
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, Fort Worth , Sr Technician, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!