Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Your user session will timeout in 5 minutes. Please click OK to continue with your application.
Irby is one of the ten largest electrical distribution companies in the United States, with nearly $1 Billion in annual sales and over 900 employees across more than 60 branches in 25 states. Irby has experienced incredible growth over the past 5 years. This presents many outstanding career & development opportunities throughout the country in various locations, including cities such as: Jackson, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Orlando, Syracuse, Nashville, Denver, Minneapolis and Oklahoma City.
Irby was a pioneer in the early days of the electrical business, founded in 1926, and continues to be an industry leader in philanthropic involvement and community activity. Irby is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar is the world leader in electrical distribution.
This position is responsible for estimating substation opportunities with utility contractors, E.P.C firms and renewable energy developers. The estimator will work from bills of material provided by the customer, match products to suppliers, prepare pricing and answer commercial questions required to complete the proposal. The goal is to develop relationships with customers to generate increased business through a higher hit rate. Take the necessary actions to achieve targeted revenue and profits for the business by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Acts as a member of the Project Services Team Responsible for estimating, bidding and/or managing project-oriented work for both prospective and existing business relationships being presented through our Project Services Team.
* Assists branch locations in preparing proposals for substation projects for their local utilities.
* Coordination with manufacturers to create project contacts, material list development, price quotation and order execution.
* Utilize tools used by the Project Services Team to organize our opportunities, manage the project in the system, and insure payment.
* Make recommendations to management regarding opportunities to maximize sales for both prospective and existing clients.
* Markets and sells products and/or services for an organization. Develops relationships with new and existing customers and provides information to maximize sales volume. Requires experience in sales and thorough knowledge of the organization`s products and/or services.
* Understands sales objectives, strategies, advertising, and promotions and works to achieve them as presented with this role.
* Understand the concepts of financial risk and financial modeling related to project oriented work
* Connects and works with all Irby Utility operations and personnel in support of our Project Services business platform.
* Ability to learn and understand electrical plans, specifications and drawings.
* Unbound thinking or the ability to create insightful, exciting solutions for both customer and Company problems with major account sales.
* Ability to perform mathematical functions.
* Technical learning: quick study on using technology in support of sales process.
* Must be PC literate with a working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint) required.
* Excellent written, verbal, presentation and negotiation skills.
* Must be a team player!
* Preferred minimum 3 years industry or distributor sales experience is desired. (5+ years business experience in the Utility Industry market desired)
* Bachelor`s degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. An Engineering or Technical degree is a plus but not required.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Return to Search Results
Keywords: Vallen, Fort Worth , Substation Estimator, Professions , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!