Sr. EOIR Systems Analyst II
Posted on: September 18, 2019
Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking a qualified
Electro-Optic / Infrared (EOIR) Systems Analyst to join the
Operations Analysis Modeling & Simulation team to develop leading
edge, high tech mission systems solutions for the modern
warfighter. We support multiple internal and contracted R&D
efforts to develop new concepts, create operational uses, and
justify strategic decisions for the next generation of systems.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, innovative,
and meticulous individual that likes to attack and solve difficult
problems. This person will address complex operational challenges
from modern threats. The candidate will develop and execute study
plans using all available commercial, government-off-the-shelf, and
Raytheon developed computer models and simulations to identify
technology gaps, develop requirements, and specify the operational
benefits of advanced concepts in complex operational scenarios in
the context of the Find, Fix, Target, Track, Engage, and Assess
This successful candidate must have a deep understanding of
hardware, software, and underlying physics that interplay in EOIR
Systems. This includes imaging systems such as Day TV Cameras,
Image Intensifiers (I2), Short Wave IR (SWIR), Mid Wave IR (MWIR),
and Long Wave IR (LWIR) as well as non-imaging systems like
Infrared Search and Track (IRST) systems. The candidate will
develop trade studies, define M&S requirements, create or
modify simulations, execute analysis plans, and develop reports
that quantify the value of current, upgraded and next gen Raytheon
systems to the warfighter.
**U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an
active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.**
- Minimum of 6 years engineering experience including hardware,
software, or systems engineering.Experience with EOIR systems (i.e.
IRST, MTS, and ATFLIR)Experience in modeling EOIR systems using any
of the following : Matlab, Simulink, Excel, or STKFamiliarity with
atmospheric radiative transfer models such as MODTRAN
- Demonstrated ability to decompose a complex problem into a
trade studies and analysis plans.
- Able to debug software models to understand functionality and
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data
- Secret clearance
- Proficiency in Linux Environments.
- Knowledge of different Optical Chains and impact to system
performance (i.e. Reflective vs. Refractive).
- Knowledge of EOIR detector technologies
- Knowledge of EOIR sensor performance metrics such as
noise-equivalent temperature difference (NETD) and noise-equivalent
- Knowledge of modes in EOIR systems such as Search mode.
- Knowledge of tracking methods such as Multiple Hypothesis
- C/C++, Python programming languages and software development
- Knowledge of standard government developed tools including
AFSIM, Suppressor, Brawler, EADSIM, ESAMS or similar.
- Ability to communicate with military experts to represent
system employment and tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
verbally, graphically, and in simulations.
- Experience in Numerical Optimization Techniques, Analysis of
Alternatives, or Design of Experiments
- Strong grasp of mathematics and statistics, including
multivariate calculus, linear algebra, probability and
- Object oriented system design, to include SysML/UML/DoDAF
- Possess a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and
- Leadership skills
- BS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical
- MS Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, or related technical
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person
who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
142703Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected Veteran status.
Keywords: Raytheon, Fort Worth , Sr. EOIR Systems Analyst II, Professions , Irving, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!