Sales Captain - New Retail Concept - Market by Macy's, Full Time: West Bend
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: November 23, 2020
ABOUT MARKET BY MACY'S-- --The Market by Macy's team--is
passionate about finding new ways for the Macy's brand to show up
to the consumer, our vendors, and our colleagues. We live to
challenge the status quo, change minds, and deliver growth as a
result. Our new store,--Market by Macy's is a--gathering place for
all that's good, where brands you love meet fresh faces and local
friends - a go-to for shopping with a side of something more.
Guests will find the joy in community and discovering new events
and experiences together in-store.--ABOUT THE ROLE-- --We are
looking for smart, outgoing, creative, friendly, engaging and
confident individuals for full time Captain positions. Our Captains
will oversee the Market By Macy's sales colleagues in the absence
of the Manager. The Captain will wear multiple hats; they will
assist the General Manager in executing functions related to the
designated brand experience in store retail business. This person
will also be responsible for assisting the Manager on daily
operations. They serve as the face of our brand and help coach and
encourage an enthusiastic staff to motivate high levels of
performance across the entire team. The ideal candidate is
flexible, positive, high energy, and loves connecting with people
and getting them excited about our products. S/he is a leader,
self-starter, unfazed by challenges and excited by the
ever-changing nature of our business and wants to contribute to an
energetic, growing team!----WHAT YOU'LL DO----
- Assist, educate and lead Market By Macy's sales colleagues to
provide strong selling and customer engagement behaviors while
- Develop Market By Macy's sales colleagues in a manner that
encourages continuous improvement and a growth mindset.
- Provide Market By Macy's sales colleagues feedback on their
performance and deliver coaching and development to the team.
- Connect with customers on the sales floor and share knowledge
about featured brands/products to drive product sales through
- Ensure that Market By Macy's sales colleagues are up to date on
store goals and metrics and that everyone understands what success
- Act as an expert of our brand and unique retail concept by
living our values and conveying brand messages.
- Advise team members on store initiatives, sales goals and
events for the upcoming week.
- Ensure team understands and follows procedures, policies and
- Act as a liaison between GM and Market By Macy's sales
- Maintain floor presentation standards and restock merchandise
throughout the day.
- Balance priorities and delegate tasks to team using good
judgement to manage time effectively.
- Work store events in whatever capacity is required to ensure
successful execution and seamless customer experience.
- Support General Manager and total store operations on an
- Ensure receipt of new merchandise, unpack new merchandise, set
up back-stock, store-build-out, merchandise incoming inventory
according to visual guidelines, pack unsold inventory to be
delivered to the distribution center, reconfigure store fixtures to
prepare new layouts and visual presentations.
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and be capable of
giving expert style advice.
- Assist General Manager in scheduling and hiring as needed.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.WHAT YOU BRING
TO THE TABLEYou are a natural leader and enjoy coaching and
providing feedback to accomplish a common goal. You love to engage
with people. You're the person who strikes up a conversation and
makes a connection.You are excited to work in a fast-paced, startup
environment within a large company and are an effective problem
solver.You have prior retail and/or hospitality experience and an
understanding of the need to do things differently and better in
today's retail world.You take pride in your work and will do what
it takes to get a job done well.You maintain a positive outlook and
love to smile.You are detail-oriented.You are eager to learn new
things.THINGS YOU'LL NEED--
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of prior retail sales experience is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team
and must have good time management skills.
- This position involves constant moving and standing, standing
for at least two consecutive hours, lifting at least 30 lbs, close
vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- This position may occasionally involve reaching, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, climbing ladders, and reaching above eye
- Detail oriented.
- Takes pride in work they are doing.
- Maintain a positive outlook.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays based on
department and store/company needs.--This job overview is not all
inclusive.-- In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend
this job overview at any time.-- Macy's is an Equal Opportunity
Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.--
Macy's, Inc. - including Macy's and Bloomingdale's - will consider
for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a
manner consistent with----and--.--
Keywords: Macy's, Fort Worth , Sales Captain - New Retail Concept - Market by Macy's, Full Time: West Bend, Sales , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!