Company: Green Bay Packaging, Inc.
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Division Description: The Fort Worth Division is strategically
located in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex to conveniently service
businesses in the Texas markets, and is an industry-leading, fully
equipped corrugating plant that manufactures a wide range of
corrugated packaging products. Position Overview:This position will
have leadership responsibility combined with direct customer sales
responsibilities. Seek to enhance staff accomplishments by
answering technical questions for less experienced team members,
teaching improved processes and mentoring team members. Maintain
relationships with customers while researching and recommending
solutions that will create customer value.
- Solicit, maintain and increase business in assigned active
Green Bay Packaging Inc. accounts.
- Strategize, seek out, and sell new prospective accounts for
Green Bay Packaging Inc.
- Develop profitable sales from key/complex accounts by
consulting strategic needs and providing tailored business
solutions which enhance their
Answer technical questions, review processes and share best
- Maintain relationships with customers while researching and
recommending solutions that will create customer value. Implements
aged inventory reviews, cost savings initiatives and team
- Builds internal relationships and supports divisional goals.
Communicates at a high level. Lead/participate in meetings to
strategize plans that better meet customer's needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
training, reviewing professional publications, being familiar with
industry associations, and establishing a professional
- Exhibits strong analytical skills. Uses internal reporting and
other programs like kIWI, etc.
- Assist and support Divisional Sales Manager.Direct Sales
- Meet financial goals: Sales dollars, volume, profit as defined
- Responsible for managing sales volume with existing customers
while emphasizing volume growth and profitability of territory
through new customers.
- Develop and implement account strategies with differentiated
value propositions and define competitive responses to GBP's
strategy that satisfies client's strategic needs.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of customer's
organization, processes, supplier and end user linkages through
- Understand and communicate strategic products. Orchestrate
company resources and possibly facilitate multilevel and
- Travel to customers location and determine product
offerings/solutions to meet their needs and grow profitable
business volume with them.
- Prospecting potential customers by telephone, visiting their
facility, or meeting on their plant floor to discuss opportunities
that may lead to profitable new account business.
- Handle customer complaints, credit problems, and deal with
sample work issues in a diplomatic manner that leads to win/win
- Entertainment of customers during and after normal work
- Completing general paperwork and other computer work associated
with the sale of productCompentency Statement
- Problem solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas. Easily
makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Tends to be
seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly. Can anticipate future
consequences and trends accurately. Has broad knowledge and
perspective. Is future oriented. Can articulately paint credible
pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods. Can create
competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Deal with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change. Can
shift gears comfortably. Can decide and act without having the
total picture. Isn't upset when things are up in the air. Doesn't
have to finish things before moving on. Can comfortably handle risk
- Standing Alone: Will stand up and be counted. Doesn't shirk
personal responsibility. Can be counted on when times are tough.
Willing to be the only champion for an idea or position. Is
comfortable working alone on a tough assignment.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal
presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with
peers, direct reports and managers. Is effective both inside and
outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and
controversial topics. Commands attention and can manage group
process during the presentation. Can change tactics midstream when
something isn't working.
- Organizational Agility: Knowledgeable about how organizations
work. Knows how to work to get things done through formal channels
and the informal network. Understands the origin and reasoning
behind key policies, practices and procedures. Understands the
culture of the organization.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes
necessary to get things done. Knows how to organize people and
activities. Understands how to separate and combine tasks into
effective workflow. Knows what to measure and how to measure it.
Can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others
cannot. Can simplify complex processes. Gets more out of fewer
resources.Qualifications:Must be able to manage multiple
people/tasks and prioritize activities between managing leadership
responsibility and direct sales. Prior responsibility for managing
accounts dealing with millions of dollars of business. Requires
strong organization, motivation and coaching skills. Must be an
ambassador to handle many different types of people. Needs to be
able to handle multiple projects at one time. Strong knowledge of
the corrugated or paper markets is a must. Must be able to stay
focused on the department strategic plans and execute them within
Skills and Abilities
- Education: BS degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or related
- Experience: 5-10 years experience direct selling within the
paper or corrugated industries.
- Computer Skills: Strong PC skills with working knowledge of
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. Corrugated mainframe
systems (e.g. KIWI, Amcore, etc.).
- Other Requirements: Position requires the sales rep. to present
a good image to our customers and prospective customers as they are
the frontline image of the organization.
- Travel: 95 percent -mostly day and car travel being home at
night (within approx. 250 miles of the Dallas Ft Worth
metroplex)Compensation & Benefits:We offer a competitive wage and
an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life,
STD/LTD/AD&D and 401(k). Employee Health & Wellness is a
priority for us.
Keywords: Green Bay Packaging, Inc., Fort Worth , Sales, Sales , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!