Business Operations Specialist - Correctional Health
Company: JPS Health Network
Location: Fort Worth
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Who We Are
JPS Health Network is a $950 million, tax-supported health care
system in North Texas. Licensed for 578 beds, the network features
75 locations across Fort Worth, with John Peter Smith Hospital
--home to Tarrant County's first and only Level 1 Trauma Center,
only psychiatric emergency services site, and the largest
hospital-based family medical residency program in the nation - and
more than 40 community-based clinics. All told, our network employs
more than 7,200 people.
Acclaim is our multispecialty medical practice group featuring over
300 providers serving the JPS Health Network. Specialties range
from primary care to general surgery and trauma. The Acclaim group
formed around a common set of incentives and expectations
supporting the operational, financial, and clinical performance
outcomes of the network. Our goal is to provide high quality,
compassionate clinical care for every patient, every time.
We're more than a hospital. We're 7,200 of the most dedicated
people you could ever meet. Our goal is to make sure the people of
our community get the care they need and deserve. As community
stewards, we abide by three rules:
1. Own it.Everyone who wears the JPS badge contributes to our
journey to excellence.
2. Seek joy.Every day, every shift, we celebrate our patients,
smile, and emphasize positivity.
3. Don't be a jerk.Everyone is treated with courtesy and respect.
Smiling, laughter, compassion - key components of our everyday
experience at JPS.
When working here, you're surrounded by passion, diversity, and
dedication. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, visit www.jpshealthnet.org.
To view all job vacancies, visitwww.jobs.jpshealthnet.org/ or
Description: The Business Operations Specialist Correctional is
responsible for daily business operations and administrative
functions, to include data capture, analysis, communication,
departmental systems support, report generation, and project
coordination. The Business Operations Specialist works closely with
departmental specific systems to capture data relative to specified
* Provides project management for department. Gathers project
information (e.g. schedules, data requests, assignments, tasks, and
* Develops and reviews project reports. Monitors and modifies
project schedule(s) as appropriate and/or assigned. Maintains
document control, database management, tracks project activities
and team communication.
* Coordinates scheduling of work such that appointments are timely
arranged, schedules are efficiently maintained, and materials in
support of achieving work objectives are completed and timely.
* Prepares, distributes, and maintains written communications in
support of effective internal and external project completion.
* Maintains all correspondence and communications received and
assures information is timely and disseminated to the appropriate
staff. Maintains an informed awareness of status and/or location of
pertinent information, documents, and projects.
* Prepares and maintains departmental manuals, department specific
policies, assigned committee minutes, and reports such that
materials are current, readily retrievable, organized, and accurate
in content. Compiles, transcribes, and distributes minutes of
* Prepares summary data, written and oral reports as assigned
ensuring reports are timely, accurate, and regularly available.
* Interprets and presents oral and or written data and
communication in an effective manner to optimize the conduct of
efficient management operations.
* Receives, screens, and routes telephonic, verbal and written
communication, ensuring that priority issues are promptly addressed
and subordinate issues receive needed attention.
* Schedules and secures venue for meetings; captures and maintains
* May develop, re-engineer, and publish departmental newsletter
using Microsoft Publisher. Demonstrates computer literacy and
proficiency such that word processing, database, spreadsheet, and
desktop publishing skills, including usage of healthcare
information systems and Microsoft Office Suite products (e.g. Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, etc.) contribute to
accomplishing management objectives.
* May coordinate purchases and other vendor relations for the
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
* 3 plus years of a combination of administrative office and
project management work experience involving project tracking and
managing multi-department project activities.
* 1 plus years of Microsoft Professional Office Suite experience to
include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Associates Degree in Business, Health, or related discipline from
an accredited college or university.
* 2 plus years of experience creating newsletters or similar
publications using Microsoft Publisher. Selected candidates must
demonstrate a proficiency in using publication software.
100 N. Lamar Street
Fort Worth, Texas, 76102
Keywords: JPS Health Network, Fort Worth , Business Operations Specialist - Correctional Health, Healthcare , Fort Worth, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!